Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bob's Sailing blog

So went for a pretty good yacht race last Wednesday, half way to Green island and back to the inlet.

Wind was good and to start of we saw a stingray jump out of the water! I know right? wtf is a stingray doing jumping out of the water.... Well it did anyway.
So we cruised along tacking all the way out was a bit of hard work, but it payed off... All the way back in way mostly smooth sailing.
Just what I went for, having a few drinks I was on the tiller so the normal skipper could have a few more drinks than he usually would have had.
We weren't the fastest boat in the fleet but we did okay, hit a dead zone and was just heading in thanks to the incoming tide.
Might have some pics of the race in the next post...

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of any kind of ray jumping out of the water, that's really awesome. Following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great. I always wanted to learn how to sail, seems like a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like fun! Can't wait to see some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I;m not much for sailing but I'm always up for fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sailing..nice
    I dont rly like water :) but Sailing is cool

    ReplyDelete