Saturday, April 9, 2011

Back to hiking/ sorta

SO this is new, I haven't been on the walk yet but am going tomorrow.... Am doing a pre-emptive hike story.

Right so I'll drive on over to the start of the walk(haven't decided which it'll be yet) And get out have a little stretch and find the start.
It's not going to be a long one.
So there's heaps of friggan mud around and it just started raining, has that ever stopped me? Ha!
Right, I've fallen over right on top of a muddy bit. Shit. Can't stop now...
I walk past two swedish backpacker girls (This actually does happen quite a lot) and they start giggling at my muddy side. Then I stop them, ask them if they had seen the film 'Wolf Creek'> the first one says nope, but ! The second one must have and starts looking worried, said something in her lan. To her friend and they both bolt off through the rain forest.

I walk on, elated, reach the pinnacle of my walk and stop to take in my surroundings. By now the mud has cracked and if falling off, I'm dry and successfully scared  some holidaymakers.


So that would be good, I'll have to write back after really doing the walk...

24 comments:

  1. Awesome! Have fun. There is always something so calming going out to the forest even with a dog by your side :-). Dont get lost.
    followed
    http://ttroton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to wiki Wolf Creek since i hadn't seen it ether, but that's hilarious xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha glad to see you got it all planned out beforehand.
    Let us know if the two girls actually turn out to be swedish haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I wanted to mess with people I would just dress up in my Predator costume and walk around the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss hiking. Now, the only outdoor exercise available to me is hopping over homeless dudes on the sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always down for reading preemptive hiking stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you going hiking alone? seen the move 127 Hours?

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, nice going scaring people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MrBunni yeah I go hiking alone most of the time. I go off the tracks a bit and most people are not into that.
    I haven't seen the film, but do remember the story a few years back. I'm just not that stupid to get myself caught where I can't get out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds fun! Swedish girls you say? I may take this up...

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol have fun on your walk tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice story, and what has happened now for real? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. swedish backpackers are everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude. You met two Swedish chicks in the woods....and you scared them off? For real?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You run into two Swedish chicks and decide to scare them off? For shame! haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha awesome!
    now you gotta write back and fill us in with more!
    followed:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool! A virtual walk!! With Swedish backpackers!!! Now how can the real thing possibly live up to that?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice. It's always fun to scare a couple people.

    ReplyDelete