Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New hike; White rock

Well his is a load of, finally I've picked a walk that is less strenuous and more greater chance of spotting some nature.
 This one you actually drive most of the way up in comfort any way so I missed out on all that steep crap.
So It starts at a mobile phone relay up the very top of mount Sheridan (which you drive up to!).
I had to navigate my way skirting past the barb-wire fence to get to the start of the track. It's one of those un-managed  tracks that the local council doesn't care about, so in some track books I've read they mention NOT to leave the track for a second because you probably will never find it again.
So anyway, the track starts and it's popper jungle. I mean I should have brought the machete Oh that reminds me I took a picture of what we call a wait-a-while lol. So all you guys asking for pics can rejoice!
 So yeah I dare you to touch that! So now you understand why I needed that machete!

All right, the track was pure jungle and it was in the first five minutes I came across a snake.
It was about a meter and a half but I still shat!
When you're walking down a path and just happen across one.
Yeah tried to get a photo of it but the damn thing just looked at me and slithered away.

26 comments:

  1. hah that is rly something
    i wish i could go to some junge area :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is that thing??? i love hiking btw, really good experiences come from hiking n__n

    ReplyDelete
  3. always look foward to the great insights and adventures...showin love, you should check out my blog's newest post

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is some badass looking plant !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gonna do some serious hiking someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stumbled upon your blog and like what I see. Hope you don't mind if I follow you on your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that seems exciting!

    btw, check out my new post on GTL Everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wanna visit your country now

    ReplyDelete
  9. you must be brave for that kind of hikes.. have you ever got lost?

    ReplyDelete
  10. love nature

    btw, check out my new bubbles on Enhanced by MS Paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad there are pictures, really adds to the read

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome. And that picture makes me want to wear gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the picture does that some justice. ouch

    ReplyDelete
  14. enjoy that epic white rock climb man!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still amazed with this plant.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That would be kinda scary....but the plant looks kinda cool

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing but brown leaves around here

    ReplyDelete