Saturday, October 2, 2010

PART FIVE; The decent into somewhere

Yeah sweet I made it down, little did I know there was more of a decent to go.I walked halfway across the train bridge for a better view of the falls- they were quite Amazing,
Right I say; how the F am I going to get down there( It's a sheer drop to the pool from any direction).
I go back to the start of the bridge and carefully make my way down to the base of the falls bellow.
If I fall I'm staying the night

Finally! I'm at the falls!
So of course as I am at least two hours from anyone I proceed to get all my gear off and swim in the fantastic fresh rainforest waterfall.
It was freezing, and well refreshing after that bloody walk let me tell you.
I relaxed for around 20 mins or so to realise I'm going to have to return to town soon.
Damn.

16 comments:

  1. Excellent blog! I will have to follow. Oh and to answer your questions you must keep it under 5! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i suppose i should read the previous posts to understand what's going on lol. off i go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, and congrats on your blog and hike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SaltyThePirate: I did the same thing haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, I wish I could do something like that; swim in a random ass lake in the forest 2 hours away from people haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive gone hiking before, its vary relaxing, except i was smoking cigarettes the whole time, not quite on the healthy side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Australia, and we have awesome rivers to ride down. On a hot day I will get a lilo and drift down some slow rapids for a couple of hours and then get picked up down the river by a mate driving a car. I guess you get this same feeling with hiking? Except I do less work :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi all and thanks for all the comments and follows!
    Someone asked about pics... well I took some with my phone so I guess I'll upload them soon.
    @Adamantium That sounds like what a few of my mate do around the place, I've never been but am going when it stops raining for a coupla days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is way to stressful for me lol =/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hikes man, try to put some pics too next time. Still, nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent blog! I will have to follow

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just your description makes me excited but, then again, I am an avid hiker.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should bring a camera and post some pics with your stories! It would definitely help us imagine what was happening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go under the waterfall for a nice pounding water massage~

    ReplyDelete